Tradera is a purpose-driven company with a belief that consumption has a large impact on our planet. We’re determined to use what we control – our business, our voice, our creativity, and our platform to do something about it.
At Tradera we’re on a mission to 'Drive the Transition to Sustainable Shopping', by shifting the way people consume and resell preloved goods. Our technical platform is an enabler in this shift. Together, we’re building large distributed and scalable systems handling great amounts of data. With more than five million weekly visits and 300 bids per second during peak traffic, the demands on our technical solutions are high.
To continue on our mission, we need more people to join us!
About the team
As a Senior Android Developer, you’ll build our native Android app for hundreds of thousands of users in the Nordic region. You’ll be critical in turning complex problems into simple, elegant solutions that elevate a world class app and user experience.
You’ll play a key role in our autonomous and cross-functional app team that takes full responsibility for the app, written in Kotlin and Java. We’re a skilled group of people who like to challenge existing solutions and ways of working.
Example of responsibilities
• Build a cutting edge native Android app that brings the joy of buying and selling on Sweden's largest circular market.
• Collaborate with tech, product management and UX to drive forward the next generation of our user facing app.
• Ensure that our users’ experience is the very best it can be.
You will work with languages and technologies such as Kotlin, Jetpack Compose
Retrofit, Realm & Room
Who are you?
We believe that you have 4+ years of experience within the area of Android Development. You value team success over personal success and care about quality, you know what it means to ship high quality code. During your career, you’ve released at least one app on the Play Store or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
• Know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and Kotlin.
• Deep understanding of modern Android development, e.g. Android Architectural Components, Android Jetpack, MVVM, Dagger (Hilt).
• Experience with a variety of Android development tools.
• The app flow contains a decent amount of Swedish, but we do welcome non-Swedish speaking applicants. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live here.
At Tradera we offer competitive salaries and benefits like a yearly bonus and a generous pot for competence development. But most of all, you’ll get a little extra when you join us! Like a group of talented people who really love what we do and with strong belief that people deserve a smooth way to care about the planet!
Come and join us – Don’t be square, get circular!