Tradera is a purpose-driven company with a belief that consumption has a large impact on our planet. We’re determined to use what we control – our business, our voice, our creativity, and our platform to do something about it.
At Tradera we’re on a mission to 'Drive the Transition to Sustainable Shopping', by shifting the way people consume and resell preloved goods. Our technical platform is an enabler in this shift. Together, we’re building large distributed and scalable systems handling great amounts of data. With more than five million weekly visits and 300 bids per second during peak traffic, the demands on our technical solutions are high.
To continue on our mission, we need more people to join us!
About the team:
We’re looking for a front-end developer to join our Web team and to help us build the next generation of our user facing site. We are making good progress migrating to a React architecture and most of your time will be spent working with React. You will work with passionate developers who are building customer facing applications for thousands of users in the Nordic region. You will help define the technical approach for UI development on the platform. Work in harmony with tech, product management and UX. You will be critical in taking complex problems and creating simple, elegant solutions that elevate a world class experience on Tradera.com.
What you'll do:
• Build and maintain scalable applications
• Bind our front-end and backend services together
• Define and implement new platform initiatives and push Tradera’s Front-End stack forward
• Collaborate with software engineers, product management, UX, and operational teams
• Ensure that our users’ experience is the very best it can be
Who you are:
• Software development experience, with emphasis on Front-End
• 4+ years of experience within front-end development and React.
• An understanding of the complete software lifecycle.
• Comfortable with tooling, build pipelines and getting code into production
• Demonstrated experience defining strategic technical UI/Technical direction for a product
• Proactive and willingness to help others
Nice to haves:
• Experience with working on high traffic websites
• Knowledge of UI Automation testing frameworks and best practices
• Proficiency understanding cross-platform compatibility issues and workarounds.
At Tradera we offer competitive salaries and benefits like a yearly bonus and a generous pot for competence development. But most of all, you’ll get a little extra when you join us! Like a group of talented people who really love what we do and with strong belief that people deserve a smooth way to care about the planet!
Come and join us – Don’t be square, get circular!